McGuire Research Services, Inc. (“MRS” or “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients, employees, survey respondents, and visitors to its website. MRS conducts Market/Political/Public Policy Research surveys utilizing telephony (landline and wireless/mobile), online (completed via an online Peer-to-Peer link), and in-person research methods. The purpose of this policy is to advise you of how we collect your information, the type of information we collect, how we use your information, and what choices you can make about the way your information is used.
INFORMATION MRS COLLECTS
MRS collects the following types of information:
- Publicly obtained information from Voter Registration via third-party vendors that supply telephone and/or address lists which includes, without limitation, first and last names, email address, telephone number(s) (i.e., home, mobile, and business numbers) and residential address.
- Business contact information voluntarily supplied, including, without limitation, company name, job title, department, and company phone number
- Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) voluntarily provided from opt-out requests or requests on information stored
- Information collected through automated means, including, without limitation, IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on actions or activities taken or engaged in on a website, and dates and times or websites visits.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information collected is done so through the surveys we conduct (this includes telephone, online, or in-person surveys). Information is also collected when you make inquiries, whether regarding our services or other requests. When collecting information through on of the survey modes or requests, all information is given so voluntarily. Voluntarily given information includes, without limitation, your name, residential or work address, email address, phone number, and certain demographic information (such as your age, income level, or race). Other voluntarily given information can include opinions, industry and shopping behaviors and/or hobbies.
Third-parties may also contract MRS to conduct research studies in which information is provided by sample providers that provide address and/or phone lists that are created from voter file lists. These lists are utilized for research purposes only and is never shared with any other third-parties. Any time a research study is conducted by MRS in which an address and/or phone list is utilized, all respondent information is aggregated for research purposes only, and the research data is what is shared. By aggregating the data, respondents cannot be individually identified from the aggregated data. For more information on what is included in voter information, please contact your local County Voter Registrar.
By visiting the MRS website, including, without limitation, https://mcguire-research.com, we collect information through automated means. Information collected through automated means includes, without limitation, IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs, information on how the website was interacted with, and dates and times of website visits. For more information regarding the type of browser information shared, please refer to the browser.
Lastly, information is collected when clients and/or potential clients request bids/quotes and conduct studies with MRS. MRS will have collected business information to ensure we can properly administer the relationship with you or the company in which you are employed.
HOW MRS USES YOUR INFORMATION
When collecting voluntarily provided information gathered through scientific research methods via the different survey modes, that information is used for research purposes only. MRS only conducts research studies, and will never attempt to sell or ask for money from respondents. Survey respondent information is never sold; and is only shared with MRS employees whose job functions pertains to directly dealing with survey respondent information. Furthermore, survey respondent information and information received from voter registration records will never be shared with anyone except our clients and vendors that assist in conducting research.
We may also use information to, including, without limitation,:
- Respond to inquires and requests;
- Process and manage opt-out or unsubscribe requests;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and liabilities;
- Conduct Market/Political/Public Policy Research surveys including, without limitation,: (1) conducting customer satisfaction surveys via telephone, online, in-person, and otherwise; and (2) conducting public policy surveys regarding satisfaction with local municipalities, cities, governments, etc. via telephone, online, and otherwise;
- Conduct MRS business practices, improve MRS business practices, and create new MRS services to provide to MRS clients;
- Respond to a subpoena or an order of a court or government agency;
- In order to protect someone’s safety, or to protect MRS’s rights and/or property;
- In the event you wish to be employed with MRS and should we need to contact you regarding possible employment opportunities;
- Feedback, suggestions, and/or comments provided regarding requests for future/current products/services.
In the event that anyone provides MRS with feedback, suggestions, and/or comments regarding future/current business practices or products/services, MRS may use such to create/apply/implement/develop without needing any consent and/or approval from those that have provided such feedback. Any feedback, suggestions, and/or comments provided are done so voluntarily, and hereby voluntarily transfer all rights, title, and interest regarding any feedback, suggestions, and/or comments.
ONWARD TRANSFERRING AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
At no point is information collected by MRS sold and/or disclosed to anyone other than our clients and/or vendors so that MRS may conduct its business. All data and/or information collected through Market/Political/Public Policy Research surveys and shared with clients is done so in a format that aggregates all respondent information to ensure that no individual can be identified through the data.
- In the event that MRS is required to do so by law or required to do so by a subpoena from a valid court or government entity
- To any internal employees (whose job function deals directly with the handling of such information), directors, managers, consultants, vendors and/or subcontractor(s) (including, without limitation, any group or individual contracted specifically to assist MRS with the services it provides to its clients
- In the event in which MRS feels that it must protect the safety of an individual or to protect MRS’s rights and/or property;
- MRS reserves the right to transfer any information collected in the event of a merger or an acquisition or sale of any and/or all MRS business assets. Additionally, any information collected may be transferred in the event of a change or control. Should any of these items come to pass, you may then contact the entity that has merged with and/or acquired or purchased any and/or all MRS business assets with any future concerns regarding the processing of your information collected.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
All information collected by MRS is stored on servers, computers, networks, and systems controlled either by MRS or its vendors and/or subcontractors (vendors and/or subcontractors include, without limitation, any entity or individual working with MRS in order for MRS to operate and complete its business processes and/or practices) located primarily within the United States. MRS puts in place security measures to ensure the safety of all information collected, including, without limitation, the storage of information, the transmission of such information collected, as well as limiting who has access to such information.
All employees, vendors, subcontractors, and/or agents of MRS are bound by confidentiality agreements that were voluntarily signed. McGuire Research Services, Inc. takes these agreements seriously and regularly reviews and updates these agreements as needed.
MRS regularly evaluates, monitors, and reviews its internal privacy protection policies and practices internally.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
MRS does not typically provide links to third-party websites. In the event that any links are provided to third-party websites, those websites are not controlled, maintained, or otherwise operated by MRS. MRS does not control the privacy policies or practices of those third-party companies and strongly advises you to read the privacy policies posted on the third-party websites. The responsibility also falls on you to obtain any information regarding the information third-parties collect directly from those third-parties. MRS is not liable for the content, use of third-party websites, cookies used by third-party websites that are not direct vendors assisting MRS with the use of their website, or the privacy policies and practices of third-party websites. MRS is only responsible for the cookies used by the MRS Corporate website.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OPTING-OUT
Per the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to request access to the type of information MRS currently has stored on that individual respondent. You have to right to request to review, edit, or delete such information and may do so by:
Sending an email request to:
To opt-out, you may do so by:
- Clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of requests to do survey emails received
- Typing “Stop” or “Unsubscribe” to any invites sent via text invites sent via Peer-to-Peer texting platforms
HOW LONG INFORMATION IS STORED BY MCGUIRE RESEARCH SERVICES, INC.
Per the CCPA, MRS will only store information collected as required or permissible by law. Any information collected for the purposes of Market/Political/Public Policy Research is stored in aggregated form or format and cannot be used to identify any one individual. If MRS is contracted to conduct a study in which we are provided with a list to contact respondents, MRS will only retain the list of information provided for the duration of the job and up to two (2) days after the study has been completed. After that time, lists provided to conduct research will be purged from our systems including, without limitation: servers, networks, databases, etc.
To ensure that MRS complies with all requirements of the CCPA and to ensure California residents stay in control of their information, MRS has a designated Compliancy Officer to handle these requests. When requesting what information is stored, please provide the following:
- First and Last Name
- Telephone Number you were either contacted on or believe you could be contacted on
- Email address
- Residential address in which we can send written correspondence to provide confirmation of requests being completed
Regular mail using pre-paid postage to:
McGuire Research Services, Inc.
ATTN: Compliance Officer
5041 N. Rainbow Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89130
Filling out the web form below: